Team Anna to send notices to 14 Union Ministers
Noida: Team Anna on Sunday decided to send notices to 14 Union Ministers, whom they had named as "corrupt", seeking their responses to the allegations before going ahead with agitation seeking legal action against them.
This was decided at a meeting of Team Anna`s Core Committee, attended by Anna Hazare and other prominent members.
"We have decided to send notices to 14 Union Ministers facing serious allegations and whom we have named during our March 25 agitation. We will wait for their responses and after a week we will call a press meet to put in public domain the evidences against them," lawyer Prashant Bhushan said.
He also said Hazare`s national tour will begin next month from Maharashtra.
It was also decided that Core Committee members will lead protests in their own states for an effective Lokayukta, he said.
Activist Kiran Bedi said they expect the government to pass a strong Lokpal Bill when Parliament resumes its business after the recess next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them