Team Anna to send notices to 14 Union Ministers
Noida: Team Anna on Sunday decided to send notices to 14 Union Ministers, whom they had named as "corrupt", seeking their responses to the allegations before going ahead with agitation seeking legal action against them.
This was decided at a meeting of Team Anna`s Core Committee, attended by Anna Hazare and other prominent members.
"We have decided to send notices to 14 Union Ministers facing serious allegations and whom we have named during our March 25 agitation. We will wait for their responses and after a week we will call a press meet to put in public domain the evidences against them," lawyer Prashant Bhushan said.
He also said Hazare`s national tour will begin next month from Maharashtra.
It was also decided that Core Committee members will lead protests in their own states for an effective Lokayukta, he said.
Activist Kiran Bedi said they expect the government to pass a strong Lokpal Bill when Parliament resumes its business after the recess next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter