Team Anna to send notices to 14 Union Ministers
Noida: Team Anna on Sunday decided to send notices to 14 Union Ministers, whom they had named as "corrupt", seeking their responses to the allegations before going ahead with agitation seeking legal action against them.
This was decided at a meeting of Team Anna`s Core Committee, attended by Anna Hazare and other prominent members.
"We have decided to send notices to 14 Union Ministers facing serious allegations and whom we have named during our March 25 agitation. We will wait for their responses and after a week we will call a press meet to put in public domain the evidences against them," lawyer Prashant Bhushan said.
He also said Hazare`s national tour will begin next month from Maharashtra.
It was also decided that Core Committee members will lead protests in their own states for an effective Lokayukta, he said.
Activist Kiran Bedi said they expect the government to pass a strong Lokpal Bill when Parliament resumes its business after the recess next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'