Team Anna to send notices to 14 Union Ministers
Noida: Team Anna on Sunday decided to send notices to 14 Union Ministers, whom they had named as "corrupt", seeking their responses to the allegations before going ahead with agitation seeking legal action against them.
This was decided at a meeting of Team Anna`s Core Committee, attended by Anna Hazare and other prominent members.
"We have decided to send notices to 14 Union Ministers facing serious allegations and whom we have named during our March 25 agitation. We will wait for their responses and after a week we will call a press meet to put in public domain the evidences against them," lawyer Prashant Bhushan said.
He also said Hazare`s national tour will begin next month from Maharashtra.
It was also decided that Core Committee members will lead protests in their own states for an effective Lokayukta, he said.
Activist Kiran Bedi said they expect the government to pass a strong Lokpal Bill when Parliament resumes its business after the recess next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video