Team Anna trying to `dictate` terms to Parl: Roy
Kochi: National Advisory Council member Aruna
Roy on Sunday said the Jan Lokpal Bill campaign against corruption
was an attempt by Team Anna to "dictate" terms to Parliament,
which she described as an "organised attack" on those who
"We can only persuade Parliament, not dictate terms to
it," Roy, who leads the National Campaign for Peoples Right to
Information (NCPRI), told reporters here.
"We agree people want change. What has disturbed us
greatly in the whole Ramlila mobilisation is they (Team Anna)
are saying only their Jan lokpal should be accepted. There is
an intolerance of dissent on their part. We cannot say you
don`t have the right to dissent," she said.
Roy said, "We see an organised attack on those who express
The bill does not address corruption as a whole as it
leaves out this malady in politics, party, corporate and
religious institutions, she said.
She termed as completely unnecessary, the breach of
privilege notice of Parliament against some key Team Anna
members. "We think in the present climate, we must reduce
this. Action can be taken against then under IPC," she said.
NCPRI convenor Nikhil Dey said they were not against
Prime Minister being brought under the ambit of Jan Lokpal
bill. "The Prime Minister should be included with certain
conditions," Dey said.
He said the Judicial Accountability and Standards Bill
currently before Parliament must ensure that judiciary is also
made effectively and appropriately accountable without
compromising its independence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof