Team Anna Vs Parliamentarians at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: In a first of its kind debate, several Parliamentarians from different political parties will discuss in public the Lokpal issue at Jantar Mantar on Sunday, where Anna Hazare is sitting on a day-long fast to push for a strong Lokpal Bill.
Team Anna had on Saturday said that BJP leader Arun Jaitley, CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat and leaders from several other parties will be among those who will visit the fast site to discuss Lokpal Bill. Team Anna said they had also invited the Congress but the ruling party conveyed it will not be attending.
Other political leaders like Sharad Yadav of JD(U), Chandrababu Naidu of TDP, Pinaki Misra of BJD and Ram Gopal Yadav of Samajwadi Party are also expected to visit the fast site.
Team Anna had invited leaders of all the political parties for their `no adjournment debate` at the Jantar Mantar today to speak on the Jan Lokpal Bill. The invitation is a deviation from Team Anna`s stand as on previous occasions it did not allow politicians to share its platform.
While Anna is holding fast in Delhi, hundreds of supporters are holding simultaneous protests in different parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof