Team Anna Vs Parliamentarians at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: In a first of its kind debate, several Parliamentarians from different political parties will discuss in public the Lokpal issue at Jantar Mantar on Sunday, where Anna Hazare is sitting on a day-long fast to push for a strong Lokpal Bill.
Team Anna had on Saturday said that BJP leader Arun Jaitley, CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat and leaders from several other parties will be among those who will visit the fast site to discuss Lokpal Bill. Team Anna said they had also invited the Congress but the ruling party conveyed it will not be attending.
Other political leaders like Sharad Yadav of JD(U), Chandrababu Naidu of TDP, Pinaki Misra of BJD and Ram Gopal Yadav of Samajwadi Party are also expected to visit the fast site.
Team Anna had invited leaders of all the political parties for their `no adjournment debate` at the Jantar Mantar today to speak on the Jan Lokpal Bill. The invitation is a deviation from Team Anna`s stand as on previous occasions it did not allow politicians to share its platform.
While Anna is holding fast in Delhi, hundreds of supporters are holding simultaneous protests in different parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM