Team Anna wants special Parliament session
New Delhi: Team Anna on Sunday hoped that the government will convene a special session of Parliament to pass the Lokpal Bill in a month`s time.
Team member and senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan said the government has told them that it would include all the three issues in the Bill and send it to the Standing Committee
"We hope that the government convenes a special session of Parliament within a month`s time to pass Lokpal Bill," he said in Ramlila Maidan, minutes after Anna Hazare ended his fast.
"By that time, we hope that the Standing Committee also completes its work so that the Bill can be passed," the Supreme Court lawyer said.
Asked about their stand on their government version of Lokpal Bill, Bhushan said there is no point in demanding its withdrawal now as Parliament has agreed in-principle on three
issues raised by the Team Anna.
Meanwhile, activist and another team member Medha Patkar dismissed suggestions that Team Anna was divided.
"We don`t have any differences among us. The reports that I and Prashant Bhushan went to negotiate with the government because we are moderate are totally untrue," she said.
"First of all that day it was decided that I and Prashant Bhushan will go as different people engaged in different activities," she said.
Patkar said she would not have joined the negotiating team if she had any inclination that it will lead to speculation about differences among the members.
"Our views are very clear. We take decisions unitedly. We consider Arvind and his team as real core team," Patkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!