Team Anna wants special Parliament session
New Delhi: Team Anna on Sunday hoped that the government will convene a special session of Parliament to pass the Lokpal Bill in a month`s time.
Team member and senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan said the government has told them that it would include all the three issues in the Bill and send it to the Standing Committee
"We hope that the government convenes a special session of Parliament within a month`s time to pass Lokpal Bill," he said in Ramlila Maidan, minutes after Anna Hazare ended his fast.
"By that time, we hope that the Standing Committee also completes its work so that the Bill can be passed," the Supreme Court lawyer said.
Asked about their stand on their government version of Lokpal Bill, Bhushan said there is no point in demanding its withdrawal now as Parliament has agreed in-principle on three
issues raised by the Team Anna.
Meanwhile, activist and another team member Medha Patkar dismissed suggestions that Team Anna was divided.
"We don`t have any differences among us. The reports that I and Prashant Bhushan went to negotiate with the government because we are moderate are totally untrue," she said.
"First of all that day it was decided that I and Prashant Bhushan will go as different people engaged in different activities," she said.
Patkar said she would not have joined the negotiating team if she had any inclination that it will lead to speculation about differences among the members.
"Our views are very clear. We take decisions unitedly. We consider Arvind and his team as real core team," Patkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what