Team Anna’s car rally in Delhi, hundreds join in
New Delhi: Hundreds of Anna Hazare supporters participated in a car and bike rally in the capital Sunday to drum up support for civil society`s version of the Lokpal bill, an activist said.
The rally was flagged off by Team Anna member Kiran Bedi from Rajghat in central Delhi. It is scheduled to end at Tughlakabad Maidan in south Delhi.
"It was a open call for the public to participate in the rally. We have had an overwhelming response. About 400 car and bikes are participating in the rally," India Against Corruption (IAC) media coordinator Aswathi Muralidharan told a news agency.
Muralidharan said people from all age groups participated in this rally to express their disappointment with the government`s version of the anti-graft law.
Taking part in the event, IAC volunteer Sandeep Saxena said: "I have borrowed my brother`s car to take part in this rally. By participating in these kind of protests, we can express support for Anna Hazare. Despite all differences, I support Annaji and want him to continue his campaign against corruption."
Activist Anna Hazare is scheduled to sit on a day-long protest at Delhi`s Jantar Mantar Dec 11 against the draft Lokpal bill prepared by the government.
He has also warned of a major agitation from Dec 27 to Jan 5 at Ramlila ground in central Delhi if changes were not made to the proposed anti-graft law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth