Team Anna’s car rally in Delhi, hundreds join in
New Delhi: Hundreds of Anna Hazare supporters participated in a car and bike rally in the capital Sunday to drum up support for civil society`s version of the Lokpal bill, an activist said.
The rally was flagged off by Team Anna member Kiran Bedi from Rajghat in central Delhi. It is scheduled to end at Tughlakabad Maidan in south Delhi.
"It was a open call for the public to participate in the rally. We have had an overwhelming response. About 400 car and bikes are participating in the rally," India Against Corruption (IAC) media coordinator Aswathi Muralidharan told a news agency.
Muralidharan said people from all age groups participated in this rally to express their disappointment with the government`s version of the anti-graft law.
Taking part in the event, IAC volunteer Sandeep Saxena said: "I have borrowed my brother`s car to take part in this rally. By participating in these kind of protests, we can express support for Anna Hazare. Despite all differences, I support Annaji and want him to continue his campaign against corruption."
Activist Anna Hazare is scheduled to sit on a day-long protest at Delhi`s Jantar Mantar Dec 11 against the draft Lokpal bill prepared by the government.
He has also warned of a major agitation from Dec 27 to Jan 5 at Ramlila ground in central Delhi if changes were not made to the proposed anti-graft law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?