Team Anna`s decision to join politics hasty: Medha
Bhopal: Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) leader Medha Patkar on Sunday described Team Anna`s decision to join politics as hasty, though saying, she was not against it.
The decision to enter politics could have been taken after some time and talking to more people across the country, Medha told PTI.
Their decision to enter politics was not so big as there was some politics inherent in every movement, she said.
Team Anna may have decided upon entering politics as they might have felt that effective changes cannot be brought about without fighting elections, the social activist said.
Meanwhile, the NBA leader said she wanted electoral reforms in a big way and stood for state funding of elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress