Team Anna`s decision to join politics hasty: Medha
Bhopal: Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) leader Medha Patkar on Sunday described Team Anna`s decision to join politics as hasty, though saying, she was not against it.
The decision to enter politics could have been taken after some time and talking to more people across the country, Medha told PTI.
Their decision to enter politics was not so big as there was some politics inherent in every movement, she said.
Team Anna may have decided upon entering politics as they might have felt that effective changes cannot be brought about without fighting elections, the social activist said.
Meanwhile, the NBA leader said she wanted electoral reforms in a big way and stood for state funding of elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference