Team Anna`s decision to join politics hasty: Medha
Bhopal: Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) leader Medha Patkar on Sunday described Team Anna`s decision to join politics as hasty, though saying, she was not against it.
The decision to enter politics could have been taken after some time and talking to more people across the country, Medha told PTI.
Their decision to enter politics was not so big as there was some politics inherent in every movement, she said.
Team Anna may have decided upon entering politics as they might have felt that effective changes cannot be brought about without fighting elections, the social activist said.
Meanwhile, the NBA leader said she wanted electoral reforms in a big way and stood for state funding of elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?