Team Anna`s decision to join politics hasty: Medha
Bhopal: Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) leader Medha Patkar on Sunday described Team Anna`s decision to join politics as hasty, though saying, she was not against it.
The decision to enter politics could have been taken after some time and talking to more people across the country, Medha told PTI.
Their decision to enter politics was not so big as there was some politics inherent in every movement, she said.
Team Anna may have decided upon entering politics as they might have felt that effective changes cannot be brought about without fighting elections, the social activist said.
Meanwhile, the NBA leader said she wanted electoral reforms in a big way and stood for state funding of elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies
- Pakistan-origin British boxer Amir Khan says he will ruin Vijender Singh's career...
- Nearly 3,000 dead already in Mediterranean this year- International Organization for Migration
- Dayashankar slur row: Now, FIR filed against Mayawati, other BSP leaders