Team Anna`s decision to join politics hasty: Medha
Bhopal: Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) leader Medha Patkar on Sunday described Team Anna`s decision to join politics as hasty, though saying, she was not against it.
The decision to enter politics could have been taken after some time and talking to more people across the country, Medha told PTI.
Their decision to enter politics was not so big as there was some politics inherent in every movement, she said.
Team Anna may have decided upon entering politics as they might have felt that effective changes cannot be brought about without fighting elections, the social activist said.
Meanwhile, the NBA leader said she wanted electoral reforms in a big way and stood for state funding of elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'