Team Anna`s political ambitions out in open: Soni
New Delhi: Minutes after social activist Anna Hazare said that people of the country should be given a “political alternative”, Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni on Thursday said that it`s good that Team Anna`s political intentions are out in open.
"We were saying this from first day that Team Anna is inspired by politics. It`s good that their intentions are out in the open. It`s best they come out and be part of the same system they abuse always.”
“If they call off their fast, it`s a good thing. Don`t hold government to ransom. They have made their point and accusing the government of not bringing Lokpal is not true. It`s passed in Lok Sabha and its now with Select Committee," the Congress leader added.
In the meantime, Anna announced that he and his team will end the indefinite fast on Lokpal Bill and other demands on Friday at 5 pm.
Meanwhile, CPI (M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury has said that Team Anna must contest elections.
Earlier in the day, Anna, who’s fast entered fifth day today, said that he will not join politics but will give a political alternative from outside. “If a political party needs to be formed to bring change in the country, then so be it,” he said.
“In a true democracy, power should be in the hands of the people,” he said while asking the citizens of the country to “dislodge leaders who don’t give into people’s demand.”
Seeking people’s view on the issue, Anna said that there is nothing wrong in forming a political party as it seems to be the only option left to ensure that right people get elected to the Parliament.
Team Anna member Kiran Bedi also tweeted: “Anna wants to take us to a society where there`s no corruption. Don`t we all want that?”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi