Techie`s death: Pawan`s family agree to bring body from US
Bangalore: Father of Pawan Kumar Anjaiah, a techie from Karnataka who allegedly committed suicide at a US hotel on Sunday said they have agreed to bring back the body to India.
"We have filled the forms, which we had refused earlier, to complete the procedure for bringing back Pawan`s body.We decided to fill the forms after US officials in a telephonic conversation said it would take at least four months to get all reports, including autopsy and inquest," Anjaiah said.
Pawan`s family had been demanding these reports as a pre-condition to sign the papers to bring his body to India.
The 26-year-old software engineer was in the US on an assignment with IT firm Cognizant when the incident happened in New Jersey.
The firm had expressed surprise with the "frequent" demands made by the family, some of them as a pre-condition for allowing the return of the body.
Pawan, a techie from Tumukur in Karnataka who was facing charges of murdering Pennsylvania woman Danielle Mehlman in Delaware`s Dewey Beach motel, allegedly committed suicide at a hotel in New Jersey on June 19.
Overdose of drug was suspected to have caused the death of the young techie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed