Technical snag delays flights at Delhi`s T3
New Delhi: Over 50 flights were delayed by around 30 minutes after server of the check-in system at the IGI airport developed some technical problem on Wednesday morning.
Due to some technical problem in the check-in system, which started around 4 am, airlines had to check-in manually, airport sources said.
As a result, around 50 flights got delayed by upto 30 minutes, causing inconvenience to the passengers. The passengers had to stand for hours in long queues at all the airlines counters, they said.
Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), which operates and manages the airport, said that there was a problem in the check-in system due to which some flights were delayed by half an hour.
In a statement, DIAL said, "Due to a back-end problem in the system installed for check-in purpose, certain check-in counters went offline at Terminal-3. As a result, passengers on early morning flights were checked-in manually at some counters.
No flights were cancelled. However, some flights were delayed by 15-25 minutes."
It said, "Systems were being brought back online by DIAL IT team as well as experts from the vendor of the proprietary system."
In the morning, each airline had five check-in counters operating normally while check-in had to be done manually at other counters.
"It is expected that all the systems will be functioning normally shortly," the statement said. When the problem started at Terminal 3 of the IGI airport,
there was no problem for the passengers then. But the situation worsened when passengers started arriving for the morning flights.
IGI airport witnesses peak hour between 6 am and 9 am, when most of the outbound flights take off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America