Technology should be acquired to help security forces: Pillai
New Delhi: Terrorism and other crime have affected normal life of every Indian and all efforts must be made to acquire technology to help security forces beat law breakers, said former Union Home Secretary GK Pillai.
Addressing a security conference, he said every effort must be made to enhance internal security through technological innovation and their proper implementation.
"Issues of crime and terror not only affect the affluent but also the poor who too need security," he said.
Issues like security in urban centres, mega city policing with new technologies, security in coastal areas, airports, power plants and oil and gas pipelines and how to improve it were discussed threadbare during the two-day conference which was attended by security experts and Home Ministry officials.
CEO of proposed NATGRID Raghu Raman said data analytics can help in detecting important patterns for more effective countering of terrorism by law enforcement agencies.
Raman said implementation of the government`s ambitious project was going on in a happy pace.
In his speech, Director General of National Disaster Response Force PM Nair said critical technologies help paramilitary forces like CRPF in their anti-Naxal operations.
The conference deliberated on various issues and challenges that confront India`s internal security and how by adopting intelligent and sophisticated techniques one can stay ahead of cyber criminals, an official of Security Watch India, the organiser of the conference, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!