Technology should be acquired to help security forces: Pillai
New Delhi: Terrorism and other crime have affected normal life of every Indian and all efforts must be made to acquire technology to help security forces beat law breakers, said former Union Home Secretary GK Pillai.
Addressing a security conference, he said every effort must be made to enhance internal security through technological innovation and their proper implementation.
"Issues of crime and terror not only affect the affluent but also the poor who too need security," he said.
Issues like security in urban centres, mega city policing with new technologies, security in coastal areas, airports, power plants and oil and gas pipelines and how to improve it were discussed threadbare during the two-day conference which was attended by security experts and Home Ministry officials.
CEO of proposed NATGRID Raghu Raman said data analytics can help in detecting important patterns for more effective countering of terrorism by law enforcement agencies.
Raman said implementation of the government`s ambitious project was going on in a happy pace.
In his speech, Director General of National Disaster Response Force PM Nair said critical technologies help paramilitary forces like CRPF in their anti-Naxal operations.
The conference deliberated on various issues and challenges that confront India`s internal security and how by adopting intelligent and sophisticated techniques one can stay ahead of cyber criminals, an official of Security Watch India, the organiser of the conference, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India