Tehelka case: Court rejects Tejpal`s plea for fan in police lock-up
Panaji: A Goa court today rejected an application filed by Tehelka magazine Editor Tarun Tejpal seeking permission to get a fan installed in the police lock up where he is being kept.
Judicial Magistrate First Class Kshama Joshi rejected the application by Tejpal, who has been lodged in Panaji police custody since Saturday in connection with a sexual assault case.
On December 2, Tejpal`s lawyer had argued in the court that a fan be allowed to be put up in the lock-up on humanitarian grounds.
The 50-year-old Tehelka founder was taken for a second round of medical tests here.
His medical examination was earlier conducted on December 2 at Goa Medical College and Hospital, where various tests, including potency examination, was conducted on him.
Tejpal was arrested last Saturday after his anticipatory bail plea was rejected.
He was remanded in six days police custody on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites