Tehelka case: Court rejects Tejpal`s plea for fan in police lock-up
Panaji: A Goa court today rejected an application filed by Tehelka magazine Editor Tarun Tejpal seeking permission to get a fan installed in the police lock up where he is being kept.
Judicial Magistrate First Class Kshama Joshi rejected the application by Tejpal, who has been lodged in Panaji police custody since Saturday in connection with a sexual assault case.
On December 2, Tejpal`s lawyer had argued in the court that a fan be allowed to be put up in the lock-up on humanitarian grounds.
The 50-year-old Tehelka founder was taken for a second round of medical tests here.
His medical examination was earlier conducted on December 2 at Goa Medical College and Hospital, where various tests, including potency examination, was conducted on him.
Tejpal was arrested last Saturday after his anticipatory bail plea was rejected.
He was remanded in six days police custody on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?