Tehelka case: Court rejects Tejpal`s plea for fan in police lock-up
Panaji: A Goa court today rejected an application filed by Tehelka magazine Editor Tarun Tejpal seeking permission to get a fan installed in the police lock up where he is being kept.
Judicial Magistrate First Class Kshama Joshi rejected the application by Tejpal, who has been lodged in Panaji police custody since Saturday in connection with a sexual assault case.
On December 2, Tejpal`s lawyer had argued in the court that a fan be allowed to be put up in the lock-up on humanitarian grounds.
The 50-year-old Tehelka founder was taken for a second round of medical tests here.
His medical examination was earlier conducted on December 2 at Goa Medical College and Hospital, where various tests, including potency examination, was conducted on him.
Tejpal was arrested last Saturday after his anticipatory bail plea was rejected.
He was remanded in six days police custody on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar