Tehelka case: Goa Police yet to get response from De Niro
Panaji: Hollywood actor Robert De Niro is yet to respond to the questionnaire sent by Goa Police probing the sexual assault case allegedly involving Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal.
The former woman journalist with Tehelka magazine, who accused 50-year-old Tejpal of sexual assault, and the accused were with the Hollywood star a little before the alleged offence took place in November last year.
The Crime Branch probing the case had sent a questionnaire to De Niro earlier this month, requesting him to respond to it.
"We are still waiting for the response despite sending him the reminder," a senior crime branch official said on Monday.
The actor was contacted through his attorney before sending the questions.
The police are expected to file a charge sheet in the case by month end.
The investigating officer has already recorded several statements, including that of former Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury and Tejpal`s daughter, along with the deposition of the victim in connection with the case.
Tejpal is currently lodged in Sada sub jail in judicial custody after a local court rejected his bail plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II