Tehelka case: Goa Police yet to get response from De Niro
Panaji: Hollywood actor Robert De Niro is yet to respond to the questionnaire sent by Goa Police probing the sexual assault case allegedly involving Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal.
The former woman journalist with Tehelka magazine, who accused 50-year-old Tejpal of sexual assault, and the accused were with the Hollywood star a little before the alleged offence took place in November last year.
The Crime Branch probing the case had sent a questionnaire to De Niro earlier this month, requesting him to respond to it.
"We are still waiting for the response despite sending him the reminder," a senior crime branch official said on Monday.
The actor was contacted through his attorney before sending the questions.
The police are expected to file a charge sheet in the case by month end.
The investigating officer has already recorded several statements, including that of former Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury and Tejpal`s daughter, along with the deposition of the victim in connection with the case.
Tejpal is currently lodged in Sada sub jail in judicial custody after a local court rejected his bail plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical