Tehelka case: Shoma Chaudhury meets NCW member
member in-charge of Goa Shamina Shafiq and is understood to have briefed her about the magazine`s response in dealing with alleged sexual assault case against its editor Tarun Tejpal.
Chaudhury visited the NCW office in Central Delhi and briefed Shafiq about the response of Tehelka after receiving complaints of the women journalist who accused Tejpal of sexual assult, sources said.
Earlier in the day, Chaudhury, accused of attempting a cover up, resigned as Managing Editor of Tehelka.
Tejpal has already been booked by Goa police for alleged sexual assault of the women journalist colleague in Goa early this month.
"Over the past week, I have been accused of an attempt to cover-up and for not standing by my feminist positions. While I accept that I could have done many things differently and in a more measured way, I reject the allegations of a cover-up because in no way could the first actions that were taken be deemed suppression of any kind," Chaudhury said in her resignation letter.
The woman journalist resigned from Tehelka on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj