Tehelka case: Shoma Chaudhury`s statement recorded, Tejpal`s custody extended
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury recorded her statement in the Tarun Tejpal rape case in a Goa court before a magistrate on Saturday.
Chaudhury had arrived from New Delhi in Goa on Friday night and appeared before the Judicial Magistrate First Class Panaji today, where her statement was recorded.
The victim, an ex-employee of Tehelka news magazine, had accused Chaudhury of attempting to cover up the sexual assault complaint against Tejpal, which had been addressed to her. The former managing editor of the magazine, well known for her feminist stance in the past, has denied the charge.
Meanwhile, Tehelka founder and editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal was also produced in the court today after which his remand in police custody was extended by four days.
On Friday, three witnesses - Ishan Tankha, G Vishnu and Shougat Dasgupta -- all employees of the Tehelka weekly news magazine who have resigned since the incident – recorded their respective statements in the court.
Tankha, Vishnu and Dasgupta were the people in whom the victim confided soon after she was sexually assaulted by Tejpal in an elevator of a five-star hotel in Goa.
Tejpal, Tehelka editor-in-chief, sexually assaulted a junior colleague -- who has since resigned -- in an elevator of a five-star hotel in Goa on November 07 and 08, when Thinkfest, an event organised by the magazine, was being held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'