Tehelka case: Shoma Chaudhury`s statement recorded, Tejpal`s custody extended
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury recorded her statement in the Tarun Tejpal rape case in a Goa court before a magistrate on Saturday.
Chaudhury had arrived from New Delhi in Goa on Friday night and appeared before the Judicial Magistrate First Class Panaji today, where her statement was recorded.
The victim, an ex-employee of Tehelka news magazine, had accused Chaudhury of attempting to cover up the sexual assault complaint against Tejpal, which had been addressed to her. The former managing editor of the magazine, well known for her feminist stance in the past, has denied the charge.
Meanwhile, Tehelka founder and editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal was also produced in the court today after which his remand in police custody was extended by four days.
On Friday, three witnesses - Ishan Tankha, G Vishnu and Shougat Dasgupta -- all employees of the Tehelka weekly news magazine who have resigned since the incident – recorded their respective statements in the court.
Tankha, Vishnu and Dasgupta were the people in whom the victim confided soon after she was sexually assaulted by Tejpal in an elevator of a five-star hotel in Goa.
Tejpal, Tehelka editor-in-chief, sexually assaulted a junior colleague -- who has since resigned -- in an elevator of a five-star hotel in Goa on November 07 and 08, when Thinkfest, an event organised by the magazine, was being held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town