Tehelka case: Tarun Tejpal`s judicial custody extended by 12 days
Panaji: A local court today extended the judicial custody of Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal for 12 days even as his lawyer moved a bail petition.
Judicial Magistrate First Class Sarika Faldesai extended the judicial custody of Tejpal, after his initial 12-day custody expired today.
Tejpal, who is accused of sexually assaulting a woman journalist, has been lodged in Sada sub jail near Vasco town.
The lawyers representing Tejpal today moved a petition before the district court seeking his bail stating that "the accused has not been questioned by police since he was lodged in the judicial custody."
The petition mentions that Tejpal was only questioned when he was in the police lock-up, and was not interrogated from the time he was remanded in judicial custody.
Hearing on the bail petition would be held on December 26.
Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting a junior woman colleague in a hotel here in early November, was arrested by Goa Police on November 30.
He has been booked under IPC sections including 354-A (sexual harassment, physical contact, advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures, or any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature), 376 (rape) and 376 (2)(k) (rape by a person of a woman in his custody taking advantage of his official position).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video