Tehelka case: Tarun Tejpal`s potency test positive
Panaji: Tehelka Editor Tarun Tejpal, arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman journalist, on Monday underwent a potency test which came out positive.
Officials at Goa Medical College, where he was brought for the potency test that is mandatory in sexual assault cases, said that the examination fetched positive result.
50-year Tejpal was subjected to various other tests, including blood test, at the college`s forensic department near here.
He was medically examined for five hours in the morning and later brought again at 3.15 PM for further tests, sources said.
Goa Medical College Dean VN Jindal said that the tests were conducted as per the requirement of the investigation agency. He, however, refused to disclose the results of the test.
Tejpal was arrested on Saturday by crime branch after his anticipatory bail petition was rejected by sessions court. He was yesterday remanded in six-day police custody by a court here after which Crime Branch officials grilled him for over five hours.
A woman journalist, who was employed with Tehelka, had accused Tejpal of sexually assaulting her twice on November 7 and 8 in a lift in a five-star hotel in Goa.
He has been booked under Sections 354A (outraging the modesty of a woman) and 376 (2)(K) (custodial rape) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India