Tehelka case: Tejpal taken to Goa hotel to reconstruct crime scene
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Panaji: Tehelka`s founder-editor Tarun Tejpal, who is accused of rape, was taken to Hyatt hotel in Goa on December 2 where the sexual assault incident occurred on November 7-8.
Tejpal was arrested on November 30 for allegedly raping a women journalist inside an elevator during an annual event of Tehelka.
During the anticipatory bail hearing on Saturday, special public prosecutor Saresh Lotlikar had sought for his 14 days custody. However, later the Goa Court ordered 6 days custody of Tejpal for Goa Police to interrogate him.
Earlier in the day, he was taken to Goa medical college for sexual potency test under the new rape law. There he underwent medical examination which also included blood test.
Tejpal, who shared the room with two murder accused on the first night in the police lock-up, filed an application through his lawyer to allow for a fan outside his cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi