Tehelka case: Tejpal taken to Goa hotel to reconstruct crime scene
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Panaji: Tehelka`s founder-editor Tarun Tejpal, who is accused of rape, was taken to Hyatt hotel in Goa on December 2 where the sexual assault incident occurred on November 7-8.
Tejpal was arrested on November 30 for allegedly raping a women journalist inside an elevator during an annual event of Tehelka.
During the anticipatory bail hearing on Saturday, special public prosecutor Saresh Lotlikar had sought for his 14 days custody. However, later the Goa Court ordered 6 days custody of Tejpal for Goa Police to interrogate him.
Earlier in the day, he was taken to Goa medical college for sexual potency test under the new rape law. There he underwent medical examination which also included blood test.
Tejpal, who shared the room with two murder accused on the first night in the police lock-up, filed an application through his lawyer to allow for a fan outside his cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir