Tehelka case: Tejpal taken to Goa hotel to reconstruct crime scene
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Panaji: Tehelka`s founder-editor Tarun Tejpal, who is accused of rape, was taken to Hyatt hotel in Goa on December 2 where the sexual assault incident occurred on November 7-8.
Tejpal was arrested on November 30 for allegedly raping a women journalist inside an elevator during an annual event of Tehelka.
During the anticipatory bail hearing on Saturday, special public prosecutor Saresh Lotlikar had sought for his 14 days custody. However, later the Goa Court ordered 6 days custody of Tejpal for Goa Police to interrogate him.
Earlier in the day, he was taken to Goa medical college for sexual potency test under the new rape law. There he underwent medical examination which also included blood test.
Tejpal, who shared the room with two murder accused on the first night in the police lock-up, filed an application through his lawyer to allow for a fan outside his cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town