Tehelka case: Victim`s three colleagues depose before court
Panaji: The three colleagues of victim woman, who was allegedly sexually harassed by Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal on Friday deposed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate here.
All the three witnesses, who had arrived in Goa yesterday, came to the court at 11 AM today.
"All the three deposed separately before of the magistrate. Their statement was being recorded the entire day," a senior crime branch officer told PTI.
Meanwhile, Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury`s statement would be recorded by the magistrate tomorrow.
Crime branch officials, who are currently interrogating Tejpal, will produce him before the court tomorrow as his six-day long custody ends.
A senior official said that they would seek another eight days of remand as the interrogation is yet to complete.
Tejpal is yet to be taken to the hotel, where the alleged incident had taken place during the Tehelka ThinkFest event about a month ago, he said.
The accused, he stated, has been spending most of the time getting medically tested, leaving hardly any time for the investigating agency to interrogate him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory