Tehelka case: Victim`s three colleagues depose before court
Panaji: The three colleagues of victim woman, who was allegedly sexually harassed by Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal on Friday deposed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate here.
All the three witnesses, who had arrived in Goa yesterday, came to the court at 11 AM today.
"All the three deposed separately before of the magistrate. Their statement was being recorded the entire day," a senior crime branch officer told PTI.
Meanwhile, Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury`s statement would be recorded by the magistrate tomorrow.
Crime branch officials, who are currently interrogating Tejpal, will produce him before the court tomorrow as his six-day long custody ends.
A senior official said that they would seek another eight days of remand as the interrogation is yet to complete.
Tejpal is yet to be taken to the hotel, where the alleged incident had taken place during the Tehelka ThinkFest event about a month ago, he said.
The accused, he stated, has been spending most of the time getting medically tested, leaving hardly any time for the investigating agency to interrogate him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony