Tehelka case: Victim`s three colleagues depose before court
Panaji: The three colleagues of victim woman, who was allegedly sexually harassed by Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal on Friday deposed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate here.
All the three witnesses, who had arrived in Goa yesterday, came to the court at 11 AM today.
"All the three deposed separately before of the magistrate. Their statement was being recorded the entire day," a senior crime branch officer told PTI.
Meanwhile, Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury`s statement would be recorded by the magistrate tomorrow.
Crime branch officials, who are currently interrogating Tejpal, will produce him before the court tomorrow as his six-day long custody ends.
A senior official said that they would seek another eight days of remand as the interrogation is yet to complete.
Tejpal is yet to be taken to the hotel, where the alleged incident had taken place during the Tehelka ThinkFest event about a month ago, he said.
The accused, he stated, has been spending most of the time getting medically tested, leaving hardly any time for the investigating agency to interrogate him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj