Tehelka row: BJP has become a party `by Modi, for Modi, of Modi`, says Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday dismissed BJP charge that it was attempting to shield Tarun Tejpal and hit back saying the cap fits the opposition party as it has become "by Modi, for Modi, of Modi" in the wake of the snoopgate row in which the Gujarat chief minister is the prime target.
"The BJP which proclaims high values is totally silent on the issue of snooping of a woman. Its character is fully exposed as a party by Modi, for Modi, of Modi," Mahila Congress chief Shobha Oza told reporters.
Rejecting BJP charge that the Congress had a soft corner for Tejpal, she said that the party has "zero tolerance" against atrocities on women may the one involved is an editor or a chief minister.
"From day one in the Tejpal case, we have made it clear that the Congress does not defend any such behaviour," Oza said.
Party spokesman Randip Singh Surjewala said that both the Congress and the Congress government is committed to protect the safety and dignity of every woman "whether she is being stalked by Chief Minister or whether her person is being violated by a Journalist Editor both need to be punished."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH