Tehelka sexual assault case: Chaudhary says she `fully cooperated` with Goa police
New Delhi: Tehelka Managing Editor Shoma Chaudhary, who was questioned for nine hours by a Goa Police team in connection of the alleged sexual assault case against Editor Tarun Tejpal on Sunday said she "fully cooperated" with the police and hoped it will bring "clarity and justice" to the case.
"Yesterday, at the Tehelka office, the Goa Police took my deposition for about 9 hours, it was extremely courteous experience and I fully cooperated and showed every document that was relevant, every email exchange that was there between my colleagues, the management, it was shared, it was a good experience and I hope it helps bring clarity and justice to the entire case," Chaudhary said.
The three-member Goa Police today flew back after recording statements of three employees of the magazine who had been contacted by the victim to corroborate her version.
The police had questioned Chaudhary for around nine hours from 4:45 PM yesterday to around 2 AM at the magazine`s office in posh Greater Kailash-II in South Delhi.
The investigating team took into custody email exchanges among Chaudhary, the woman journalist and Tejpal, a CPU, besides several documents.
Other than that, Chaudhary`s mobile phone, an iPad and her laptop were also screened by the police, sources said.
Delhi Police sources said the Goa Police questioned Chaudhary on when the issue first came to her knowledge and about the sequence of events.
Chaudhary has been under attack over the way she handled the complaint of a sexual assault of a woman colleague by Tejpal.
She had argued that she over-ruled his version and made him issue an apology to the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal