Tehelka sexual assault case: Tejpal arrest imminent, says Delhi Police
New Delhi: The arrest of Tarun Tejpal, the 50-year old founder of Tehelka news magazine who is embroiled in a sexual assault case, is imminent, sources in the Delhi Police said Saturday.
A three-member team of Goa Police, which arrived here around 11.30 a.m., reached Tehelka office and scrutinised documents, including the laptop and I-pad of the magazine`s managing editor Shoma Chaudhury.
The Goa Police team, which was accompanied by Delhi Police personnel, questioned Chaudhury and some other employees of Tehelka.
Sources in Delhi Police said that the Goa Police team can also question Tarun Tejpal, and might arrest him, following orders from senior officials of that state`s police force.
A Delhi Police team has also been deployed at Tejpa`s residence.
The victim, a junior employee of the magazine, had claimed that Tejpal had sexually assaulted her at a Goa resort Nov 7 and 8, during the magazine`s Thinkfest event.
Tejpal was accused of sexually assaulting her twice in a hotel elevator during the high-profile conference. A case of sexual assault was registered against Tejpal in Goa Friday.
The First Information Report was filed suo motu by the Goa Police Crime Branch officials under Sections 354, 376 and 376 (2) (k) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), which deal, respectively, with criminal use of force on a woman and rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!