Tehelka sexual assault case: Tejpal arrest imminent, says Delhi Police
New Delhi: The arrest of Tarun Tejpal, the 50-year old founder of Tehelka news magazine who is embroiled in a sexual assault case, is imminent, sources in the Delhi Police said Saturday.
A three-member team of Goa Police, which arrived here around 11.30 a.m., reached Tehelka office and scrutinised documents, including the laptop and I-pad of the magazine`s managing editor Shoma Chaudhury.
The Goa Police team, which was accompanied by Delhi Police personnel, questioned Chaudhury and some other employees of Tehelka.
Sources in Delhi Police said that the Goa Police team can also question Tarun Tejpal, and might arrest him, following orders from senior officials of that state`s police force.
A Delhi Police team has also been deployed at Tejpa`s residence.
The victim, a junior employee of the magazine, had claimed that Tejpal had sexually assaulted her at a Goa resort Nov 7 and 8, during the magazine`s Thinkfest event.
Tejpal was accused of sexually assaulting her twice in a hotel elevator during the high-profile conference. A case of sexual assault was registered against Tejpal in Goa Friday.
The First Information Report was filed suo motu by the Goa Police Crime Branch officials under Sections 354, 376 and 376 (2) (k) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), which deal, respectively, with criminal use of force on a woman and rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5