Tejas to feature in the Republic Day Parade
Bangalore: Indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) `Tejas` would be showcased in the Republic Day parade in New Delhi.
"The prestigious Tejas will be seen for the first time in the Republic Day parade", official sources said.
The two-seater aircraft made its maiden flight from the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) airport here on November 26 last.
The successful flight flew at an altitude of nine km and attained a speed of 0.85 Mach. The prototype was flown by Group Captain Ritu Raj Tyagi of the National Flight Centre
along with Project Director (Flight Test) Commodore Rohit Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH