Tejas to feature in the Republic Day Parade
Bangalore: Indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) `Tejas` would be showcased in the Republic Day parade in New Delhi.
"The prestigious Tejas will be seen for the first time in the Republic Day parade", official sources said.
The two-seater aircraft made its maiden flight from the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) airport here on November 26 last.
The successful flight flew at an altitude of nine km and attained a speed of 0.85 Mach. The prototype was flown by Group Captain Ritu Raj Tyagi of the National Flight Centre
along with Project Director (Flight Test) Commodore Rohit Verma.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed