Tejinder seeks cancellation of bail to VK Singh
New Delhi: Former Lt Gen Tejinder Singh, who has filed a criminal defamation case against former Army Chief Gen V K Singh and four other top Army officials, today moved a Delhi court seeking cancellation of the bail granted to them.
Singh said the bail granted to them should be cancelled as four of the five accused have not appeared in the court and they might tamper with the evidence.
Besides the former Army chief, others who were earlier granted bail are Vice Chief of Army Staff S K Singh, Lt Gen B S Thakur (Director General of Military Intelligence), Major General S L Narshiman (Additional Director General of Public Information) and Col Hitten Sawhney.
Except Sawhney, none of the four accused appeared before the court for today`s hearing and moved applications through their lawyers for exemption from personal appearance which was allowed by Metropolitan Magistrate (MM) Jay Thareja.
Barring the former Army chief, the other four accused also sought permanent exemption from personal appearance and their pleas were listed by the court for hearing on August 24.
"Accused number one (V K Singh), two (S K Singh), three (B S Thakur) and four(S L Narshiman) are exempted for today only. Application filed by accused number two, three, four and five (Hitten Sawhney) for grant of permanent exemption till further orders is taken on record," the court said.
During the hearing, advocate Anil Aggarwal, who appeared for Tejinder Singh, moved the application for cancellation of bail granted to all the five accused saying they might tamper with the evidence.
"As per the last order, they (accused) should have been present in the court today. I am moving application for cancellation of bail. If they (accused) are set at large, they are likely to tamper with the evidence," Aggarwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report