Tejinder Singh moves SC against Army Chief
New Delhi: After filing a criminal defamation case against Gen VK Singh, Lt Gen (retd) Tejinder Singh on Wednesday moved the Supreme Court seeking a CBI probe against the Army Chief.
In his petition, the retired Lt Gen said that he fears that his phones were tapped at the behest of the Army Chief and hence wants the CBI to probe the same.
Last week, a Delhi court had reserved, for April 26, its order on summoning Army Chief Gen VK Singh and four others named as accused in a criminal defamation case filed by Tejinder Singh, who had denied having made Rs 14 crore bribe offer to him to strike a defence deal.
As per reports, the CBI is likely to meet retired Lt Gen Tejinder Singh later this week in connection with the bribe complaint.
Tejinder Singh, a former director general of defence intelligence agency, had filed defamation complaint against the Army Chief and four other Army officials trashing the allegations that he had offered the bribe for clearing a deal for 600 "sub-standard" vehicles.
Besides the Army Chief, he has named Vice Chief of Army Staff SK Singh, Lt Gen BS Thakur (DG MI), Major General S L Narshiman (Additional Director General of Public Information) and Lt Col Hitten Sawhney posted in the media cell, accusing them of misusing their official positions, power and authority to level false charges against him.
Tejinder Singh had contended that all the five formed a direct chain of command with the Army chief being the final arbiter.
The Army Chief in his recent meeting with CBI had assured them that he would provide some "clinching" evidence to buttress his complaint that Singh had allegedly offered him a bribe to clear supply of a tranche of all-terrain vehicles.
The agency, which has registered a preliminary enquiry in connection with complaint submitted by the Army Chief, is relying on three documents -- visitor`s register, Record of Discussion of Army and documents related to Tatra.
The agency now needs the version of Tejinder Singh about the meeting which took place on September 22, 2010 at the Army Chief`s office. Tejinder Singh has refuted the allegations against him and even filed a defamation case against the Army Chief and other senior officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4