Tejinder Singh named in Army Chief’s complaint
New Delhi: A day after General VK Singh informed in writing to the CBI that he was offered a bribe by a lobbyist to clear the supply of a tranche of "sub-standard vehicle" for the force, it emerged on Saturday that the Army Chief has indeed named Lt General (retired) Tejinder Singh as the man involved.
According to highly-placed sources, Gen Singh in his letter sent to the CBI yesterday said that Tejinder Singh had made the bribe offer to him.
However, the Army Chief did not mention the amount he was offered to clear the purchase.
Earlier, in interviews given to media outlets Gen Singh had said that he was offered Rs 14 crores.
Gen Singh’s allegations had forced the Defence Minister to order a CBI inquiry into the matter.
In his letter to the CBI, Gen Singh said he would give further details soon, sources said.
The agency was waiting for a formal complaint from the Army Chief regarding details of alleged bribe offer to initiate a formal probe into the matter referred to it by the Ministry of Defence. CBI officers had met him on Monday evening once.
The agency had asked the Defence Ministry to make available a complaint from Singh besides other details such as list of witnesses and supporting documents after which it would initiate its probe in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!