Tejpal case: Police record victim’s statement
Panaji: Goa Police has recorded the statement of a woman journalist who has accused Tehelka editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal of sexually assaulting her, a police official said.
A police team had left for Mumbai to record the statement of the victim, who Monday quit her job accusing the Tehelka management of sheltering Tejpal.
The victim reiterated the same points she made in her complaint sent by email to Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury last week, a police source told a news agency.
"The statement is consistent with the complaint to Shoma and with the versions told to us by the three journalists (all former employees of Tehelka) who the victim had confided in," the official said.
Police have still not decided how and where to question Tejpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani
- Misbah-ul-Haq's conversation with wife Uzma on Twitter is a HUGE hit on the internet!
- Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater signs new five-year contract