Tejpal case: Police record victim’s statement
Panaji: Goa Police has recorded the statement of a woman journalist who has accused Tehelka editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal of sexually assaulting her, a police official said.
A police team had left for Mumbai to record the statement of the victim, who Monday quit her job accusing the Tehelka management of sheltering Tejpal.
The victim reiterated the same points she made in her complaint sent by email to Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury last week, a police source told a news agency.
"The statement is consistent with the complaint to Shoma and with the versions told to us by the three journalists (all former employees of Tehelka) who the victim had confided in," the official said.
Police have still not decided how and where to question Tejpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees