Tejpal case: Police record victim’s statement
Panaji: Goa Police has recorded the statement of a woman journalist who has accused Tehelka editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal of sexually assaulting her, a police official said.
A police team had left for Mumbai to record the statement of the victim, who Monday quit her job accusing the Tehelka management of sheltering Tejpal.
The victim reiterated the same points she made in her complaint sent by email to Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury last week, a police source told a news agency.
"The statement is consistent with the complaint to Shoma and with the versions told to us by the three journalists (all former employees of Tehelka) who the victim had confided in," the official said.
Police have still not decided how and where to question Tejpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today