Telangana accident unfortunate: Railway Minister
New Delhi: Railway Minister DV Sadananda Gowda Thursday termed as unfortunate the death of people in Telangana when a train rammed into a school bus at an unmanned railway crossing.
It is "quite an unfortunate incident," Gowda said in the Lok Sabha.
The minister also said he would make a statement on the accident later in the day.
Twelve people, including 11 children, were killed and 16 others seriously injured after a train rammed into a school bus at an unmanned railway crossing at Chegunta in Telangana`s Medak district.
"11 students and the bus driver were killed while 16 children were grievously injured in the accident at the unmanned railway crossing," DIG N Suryanaarayana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- BJP ally Shiv Sena accuses saffron party of spreading falsehood, rumours
- TCS to be levied above Rs 2 lakh only if payment in cash: CBDT
- Locals, tourists trying to make drug-peddling a business: Goa CM
- Watch: Panaji Mayor Surendra Furtado, 6 others fall in creek during a de-weeding drive
- Three brothers, including two juveniles, gang-rape minor girl