Telangana accident unfortunate: Railway Minister
New Delhi: Railway Minister DV Sadananda Gowda Thursday termed as unfortunate the death of people in Telangana when a train rammed into a school bus at an unmanned railway crossing.
It is "quite an unfortunate incident," Gowda said in the Lok Sabha.
The minister also said he would make a statement on the accident later in the day.
Twelve people, including 11 children, were killed and 16 others seriously injured after a train rammed into a school bus at an unmanned railway crossing at Chegunta in Telangana`s Medak district.
"11 students and the bus driver were killed while 16 children were grievously injured in the accident at the unmanned railway crossing," DIG N Suryanaarayana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’