Telangana accident unfortunate: Railway Minister
New Delhi: Railway Minister DV Sadananda Gowda Thursday termed as unfortunate the death of people in Telangana when a train rammed into a school bus at an unmanned railway crossing.
It is "quite an unfortunate incident," Gowda said in the Lok Sabha.
The minister also said he would make a statement on the accident later in the day.
Twelve people, including 11 children, were killed and 16 others seriously injured after a train rammed into a school bus at an unmanned railway crossing at Chegunta in Telangana`s Medak district.
"11 students and the bus driver were killed while 16 children were grievously injured in the accident at the unmanned railway crossing," DIG N Suryanaarayana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port