Telangana accident unfortunate: Railway Minister
New Delhi: Railway Minister DV Sadananda Gowda Thursday termed as unfortunate the death of people in Telangana when a train rammed into a school bus at an unmanned railway crossing.
It is "quite an unfortunate incident," Gowda said in the Lok Sabha.
The minister also said he would make a statement on the accident later in the day.
Twelve people, including 11 children, were killed and 16 others seriously injured after a train rammed into a school bus at an unmanned railway crossing at Chegunta in Telangana`s Medak district.
"11 students and the bus driver were killed while 16 children were grievously injured in the accident at the unmanned railway crossing," DIG N Suryanaarayana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH