Telangana bandh: DGP warns law breakers of strict action
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Director General
of Police (DGP) R R Girish Kumar on Wednesday asked policemen to come down heavily if anybody tried to take law into their hands or
curbed the rights of common people.
"The police is seriously concerned about the cause of
common man whose life get affected following frequent rasta
rokos, protests and bandh calls leading to traffic jams
disrupting movement of vehicles besides causing scarcity of
various commodities," Kumar said while addressing an annual
press conference here.
The agitation in support of Telangana and unified Andhra
Pradesh are being handled with total impartiality, great tact
and restraint, the DGP said.
He warned that the police would take stringent action if
anybody indulge in disrupting normal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview