Telangana bandh: DGP warns law breakers of strict action
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Director General
of Police (DGP) R R Girish Kumar on Wednesday asked policemen to come down heavily if anybody tried to take law into their hands or
curbed the rights of common people.
"The police is seriously concerned about the cause of
common man whose life get affected following frequent rasta
rokos, protests and bandh calls leading to traffic jams
disrupting movement of vehicles besides causing scarcity of
various commodities," Kumar said while addressing an annual
press conference here.
The agitation in support of Telangana and unified Andhra
Pradesh are being handled with total impartiality, great tact
and restraint, the DGP said.
He warned that the police would take stringent action if
anybody indulge in disrupting normal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what