Telangana: Congress leaders meet Azad
New Delhi: After tendering their
resignation, Congress ministers, MPs and MLAs from Telangana
region in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday met senior party leader Ghulam
Nabi Azad and explained as to why they had put in their papers
and also agreed to participate in discussions on the issue.
Senior minister K Jana Reddy told reporters after the
meeting that they will continue to discuss the issue of
formation of a separate Telangana state with the high command.
"We will continue to be part of the discussions. We
explained to Azad the conditions under which we put in our
papers," Reddy said.
He said the ministers will hold another round of
consultation with Azad in the afternoon and the high command
will continue to hold discussion with them on the issue.
Besides Reddy, Ponnala Laxmaiah and Basavaraj Saraiah
also met Azad. They reached here from Hyderabad last night.
Two MPs - Madhu Goud Yashki and Ponnam Prabhakar - and
one MLA and one MLC also met Azad, the party general secretary
Sources said the ministers and the MPs are trying to
get an appointment with Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
The ministers, MPs, MLAs and MLCs had resigned from
their posts yesterday to mount pressure on the Centre and
Congress to take an early decision on the contentious
Lawmakers have not commented on taking back the
resignation. They have been maintaining that the people of
Telangana feel that only a separate state could fulfill their
aspirations and that resignation will be the right way to
Home Minister P Chidambaram had said yesterday that the
Centre is yet to take a final decision on the issue and that
it will try to expedite the consultation process.
The Congress has also asked its lawmakers to wait till
the consultation process is over, but they want an early
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read