Telangana issue: Cong leaders to wait before pulling out of JAC
Hyderabad: Faced with a directive from the
party high command to withdraw from the all-party Telangana
Joint Action Committee, Congress leaders from the region on Monday
decided to wait till the announcement of the constitution of
the committee by the Centre.
"We have decided to chalk out the future course of action
after the announcement of the committee by the Union Home
Minister P Chidambaram. We will review the situation and
decide the future course of action after the announcement of
the committee," senior Congress MLA K Jana Reddy told
reporters after a meeting of the party MLAs, MPs, MLCs and
ministers from Telangana.
When specifically asked whether Congress would continue
in the JAC, he said, "Everything after the announcement of the
Congress MP Madhu Yashki Goud said the status-quo would
continue till the committee is announced by Chidambaram by the
end of this week.
Jana Reddy said the Congress leaders from Telangana
region would refrain from making unwarranted statements as per
the directive of Union Minister Veerappa Moily in-charge of
Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh.
Moily yesterday told the Congress leaders to withdraw
from the JAC and maintain party discipline.
Meanwhile, the Congress leaders condemned a reported
incident of state Congress president D Srinivas being asked to
go back at Tirupati yesterday under the pretext that he is a
leader of Telangana.
The Congress leaders from Telangana asked their
counterparts in other regions to maintain party discipline and
avoid any provocative incidents.
M Y Goud said, "We would urge the party high command to
form an exclusive party unit for the Telangana region as such
an arrangement had existed earlier."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future