Telangana JAC`s resignation directive falls flat
Hyderabad: The all-party Telangana Joint
Action Committee`s (JAC) directive to the legislators from
Telangana to submit en masse resignations to mount pressure on
the Centre fell flat on Tuesday with the TDP asking the panel`s
convener to persuade Congress legislators to resign first.
The TDP legislators gave "xerox copies" of resignation
letters of its MLAs to JAC Convener C Kodandaram.
"They gave xerox copies of resignation letters to me
which is of no use. They said they will submit their
resignations only if Congress MLAs quit," Kodandaram said.
Noting that the resignation letters should be given to
the Assembly Speaker, he said he would ask main Opposition TDP
to clarify the matter in the next JAC meeting.
Rejecting the terms of reference of the Srikrishna
Committee appointed by the Centre to go into the issue of
division of Andhra Pradesh, the JAC asked the legislators from
all parties to quit their posts to mount pressure on the
Centre for taking immediate steps for formation of Telangana.
Accordingly, 15 MLAs -- 10 from TRS, two from
Congress, one each from TDP, BJP and Praja Rajyam -- submitted
their resignations to the Speaker. The Speaker has accepted
the resignations of 10 TRS MLAs and one TDP lawmaker.
In a bid to make its MLAs withdraw their resignations,
Congress high command today summoned them to Delhi for talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?