Telangana JAC`s resignation directive falls flat
Hyderabad: The all-party Telangana Joint
Action Committee`s (JAC) directive to the legislators from
Telangana to submit en masse resignations to mount pressure on
the Centre fell flat on Tuesday with the TDP asking the panel`s
convener to persuade Congress legislators to resign first.
The TDP legislators gave "xerox copies" of resignation
letters of its MLAs to JAC Convener C Kodandaram.
"They gave xerox copies of resignation letters to me
which is of no use. They said they will submit their
resignations only if Congress MLAs quit," Kodandaram said.
Noting that the resignation letters should be given to
the Assembly Speaker, he said he would ask main Opposition TDP
to clarify the matter in the next JAC meeting.
Rejecting the terms of reference of the Srikrishna
Committee appointed by the Centre to go into the issue of
division of Andhra Pradesh, the JAC asked the legislators from
all parties to quit their posts to mount pressure on the
Centre for taking immediate steps for formation of Telangana.
Accordingly, 15 MLAs -- 10 from TRS, two from
Congress, one each from TDP, BJP and Praja Rajyam -- submitted
their resignations to the Speaker. The Speaker has accepted
the resignations of 10 TRS MLAs and one TDP lawmaker.
In a bid to make its MLAs withdraw their resignations,
Congress high command today summoned them to Delhi for talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla