Telangana MLAs rejoice tabling of AP Reorganisation Bill in Lok Sabha
Hyderabad: MLAs from Telangana region, cutting across party lines, today hailed the tabling of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill in Lok Sabha, while their Seemandhra counterparts condemned the move.
"The 60-year-dream of Telangana people is coming true. We are very happy. We are thankful to Sonia Gandhi ji," state Information Minister D K Aruna told reporters.
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao said separate state of Telangana would soon be a reality.
"Do not have any worry about formation of Telangana state. Please observe restraint. Telangana state will be formed. Be peaceful," he said in a release.
TRS MLAs demanded action against expelled Congress MP L Rajagopal for spraying pepper in the House.
The main opposition TDP leaders from Telangana expressed happiness over the Bill being tabled, but stressed that it is now the responsibility of the Centre to get it passed.
"We thank the Centre for tabling the Bill. It is the Centre`s responsibility to pass it. Separate Telangana is becoming a reality because of the sacrifices made by youth and the efforts of students, employees (of AP government), lawyers and other sections," senior TDP MLA E Dayakar Rao said.
Three Congress MLAs from Coastal Andhra -- Aadala Prabhakar Reddy, Sridhar Krishna Reddy and B Satyananda Rao -- have quit the party over the Congress leadership "unilaterally" going ahead with state`s division.
Meanwhile, YSR Congress, which is opposed to division of AP, said it would fight till the end to keep the state united.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!