Telangana MPs demand withdrawal of paramilitary forces
Hyderabad: After forcing Andhra Pradesh government to withdraw all criminal cases registered against Telangana agitators, Congress MPs from the region are now applying pressure on Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy to get Central paramilitary forces, deployed in the state to maintain law and order in the aftermath of the submission of Justice Srikrishna Committee report, withdrawn.
The Telangana MPs, led by AP Congress MPs Forum Convenor Ponnam Prabhakar, met the Chief Minister in his camp office on Wednesday and placed the demand that all Central para-military forces be withdrawn from the region forthwith.
"The flag marches being conducted by the CRPF, CISF and BSF personnel in towns and villages of Telangana are creating a scary atmosphere among the people. Since there is no threat to law and order, the forces should be withdrawn immediately. They may be deployed only in case of any trouble," the MPs told the CM even as they thanked him for conceding their demand for withdrawal of criminal cases against protestors.
"We told him that there is no need for deployment of Central forces in such huge numbers as there is no threat to peace after the Srikrishna Committee report is submitted," the MPs told newsmen after their meeting with the Chief Minister.
A few Telangana MLAs and MLCs were also part of the delegation.
MPs Gutta Sukhender Reddy, Manda Jagannadham, G Vivek, Rajaiah, MLC P Sudhakar Reddy and others were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!