Telangana row: Chandrababu Naidu to go on indefinite fast in Delhi
New Delhi: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu will go on an indefinite hunger-strike in the national capital from Monday to protest against the Union Cabinet`s decision regarding the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Naidu, who will arrive here tomorrow morning, will also interact with the media before beginning his stir in the afternoon, according to a TDP release.
On October 3, the Union Cabinet had decided to go ahead with the process for the creation of a separate Telangana state carved out from Andhra Pradesh.
The very next day, Naidu had in Hyderabad announced his plan for an agitation over the issue after accusing Congress of "ruining" the country and leaving Andhra Pradesh facing a "disaster" with the separate Telangana decision.
Naidu, whom observers say is now fighting a political battle for survival in the state of which he was once chief minister, has also accused Congress of entering into an "arrangement" with TRS and YSR Congress vis-a-vis the bifurcation decision.
Political pundits are predicting that while Congress and TRS would gain in Telangana, Jaganmohan Reddy`s YSR Congress party could make big waves in the Seemandhra region.
TDP has decided to write to the leaders of all parties on the statehood issue and expose the alleged "nefarious politics" of the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing