Telangana row: Jagan meets BJP president Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a bid to garner support for a `United` Andhra Pradesh, YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Sunday met BJP president Rajnath Singh in the national capital.
Jagan urged the party to oppose the Telangana Bill which is likely to be introduced in Parliament during the winter session beginning on December 5.
BJP, however, is clear that it wants a separate Telangana to be carved out of Andhra Pradesh.
The meeting assumes significance as the NDA is scouting for new allies ahead of the Lok Sabha elections in 2014.
Recently, Reddy`s mother, YS Vijayamma had also met BJP leaders.
Jaganmohan, in the city as part of his nationwide tour to garner support from political parties for the united Andhra, had yesterday met CPI general secretary Suravaram Sudhakar Reddy and senior CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury.
While CPI refused to express solidarity with YSR Congress, CPI(M) maintained its position against any division of states.
Jagan has claimed that 75 per cent of the state`s population is against bifurcation.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?