Telangana row: Shinde describes Chandrababu Naidu`s fast as "strange"
New Delhi: The indefinite hunger strike being held by TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu at Andhra Bhavan here was on Thursday termed "strange" by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde who said this was perhaps the first time that a former Chief Minister was holding a fast on a state guest house premises.
"Ye ajeeb tarah ka andolan hain (This is a strange kind of agitation). For the first time, I am seeing someone using the premises of a state guest house for a fast," he told reporters when asked whether the Centre would intervene to evict Naidu from the Andhra Bhavan premises.
Refusing to get into the ongoing tussle between Andhra Pradesh government and Naidu over the site of his fast, Shinde said the state government should approach a civil court with a complaint of trespassing.
"If there is a court order, then we can help," he said.
Appealing to Naidu to call off his strike and return to AP, Shinde said TDP had categorically conveyed to the Centre its support for the creation of a separate Telangana state and that view was given due weightage.
The former AP Chief Minister began his indefinite fast on Monday in protest against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
He has accused Congress of playing politics in view of next year`s Lok Sabha polls.
Resident Commissioner of Andhra Pradesh, Shashank Goel, has served a notice to the TDP Chief stating that the hunger strike is "unauthorised" on the premises as permission was granted only for a press meet at the venue.
Goel has also requested the Union Home Secretary to get the premises vacated through Delhi Police.
In a letter, Goel requested Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami to ask Delhi Police to take the necessary action required to remove the "unauthorised" dharna by Naidu at Andhra Bhavan.
Delhi Police comes directly under the control of the Union Home Ministry.
Naidu, whose fast entered its fourth day today, however, remained defiant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in