Telangana row: YSR Congress team to meet leaders of national parties in Delhi
Hyderabad: A delegation of YSR Congress leaders will meet functionaries of different national parties in Delhi On Monday to drum up support for the cause of united Andhra Pradesh.
The delegation will be led by party`s Honorary President Y S Vijayamma, YSR Congress President Y S Jaganmohan Reddy said here on Sunday.
"We want support from you, we want support from social media, we want support from everybody who is interested in democracy to come forward and stop this injustice.
"We want support from Parliament floor leaders, from various parties, because, what can happen here, can happen anywhere.
"Never in the past, you have a precedent where people have ignored an assembly resolution when the state is split. Assembly resolution was more or less a must. Because that represents the people," he told reporters.
He was replying to a query if there was any indication from Centre on rolling back its decision in favour of formation of separate Telangana.
The YSRCP President began an indefinite past on Saturday in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
Refusing to be drawn into speculation on who his party would support post 2014 Lok Sabha elections, he said the party is committed to secularism and that it would have state`s interests in mind.
"That is not a big issue for us today. Why should we speculate what happens six months down the line, when I very clearly told you about so many other secular parties. Why is it that JD(U), Communists and Mamata Banerjee, so many other secular parties, why should I go on repeating the same thing," he said.
He highlighted that water and revenue sharing would be a big problem post split and said people would be severely deprived of water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption