Telangana: Seemandhra Cong MPs move no-confidence motion UPA govt
New Delhi: A day after they gave a notice to move a no-confidence motion against the Manmohan Singh government to protest creation of Telangana, the agitated Congress MPs from Seemandhra region Tuesday said they are working on numbers to pull down the "unpopular government".
"We got some MPs supporting us both from Andhra Pradesh and other states. Still, we are working on the numbers," Congress Lok Sabha MP from Vijayawada constituency Lagadapati Rajagopal said.
He was among the six MPs, who had signed the notice to move the no-confidence motion against their own government, in a bid to thwart the tabling of Telangana bill in Parliament.
Noting that the no-confidence motion was "against an unpopular government", Rajagopal said that they were also holding talks with the remaining Seemandhra MPs to muster support for their mission.
"If somebody is not supporting it (no-confidence motion), it reflects on them also. We will see how many more are going to come," he added.
Meanwhile, their counterparts in Telangana have charged that the strategy adopted by Seemandhra MPs was unethical, which was aimed at stopping the process to carve out a separate Telangana state.
"We have spoken to all other parties and they are opposing the no-confidence motion," Ponnam Prabhakar, Congress Lok Sabha member from Karimnagar constituency situated in Telangana region claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray