Telangana would have been reality had TDP cooperated: Advani
Indore: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Tuesday blamed Chandrababu Naidu-led Telugu Desam Party (TDP) for developing cold feet on separate statehood issue.
"Had our partner TDP cooperated with us during NDA tenure, there would have been separate Telangana," Advani said in his valedictory address at the Global Investors Meet here.
NDA government carved Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand out of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, respectively, during its rule, he said.
"But, TDP did not extend support for formation of Telangana," the BJP veteran said.
Advani said Telangana issue is hanging in balance as Congress government at Centre was making "hollow" statements on its formation.
"There is uncertainty on whether Telangana will be created," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award