Telangana would have been reality had TDP cooperated: Advani
Indore: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Tuesday blamed Chandrababu Naidu-led Telugu Desam Party (TDP) for developing cold feet on separate statehood issue.
"Had our partner TDP cooperated with us during NDA tenure, there would have been separate Telangana," Advani said in his valedictory address at the Global Investors Meet here.
NDA government carved Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand out of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, respectively, during its rule, he said.
"But, TDP did not extend support for formation of Telangana," the BJP veteran said.
Advani said Telangana issue is hanging in balance as Congress government at Centre was making "hollow" statements on its formation.
"There is uncertainty on whether Telangana will be created," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit