Telangana would have been reality had TDP cooperated: Advani
Indore: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Tuesday blamed Chandrababu Naidu-led Telugu Desam Party (TDP) for developing cold feet on separate statehood issue.
"Had our partner TDP cooperated with us during NDA tenure, there would have been separate Telangana," Advani said in his valedictory address at the Global Investors Meet here.
NDA government carved Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand out of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, respectively, during its rule, he said.
"But, TDP did not extend support for formation of Telangana," the BJP veteran said.
Advani said Telangana issue is hanging in balance as Congress government at Centre was making "hollow" statements on its formation.
"There is uncertainty on whether Telangana will be created," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH