Telecom cos question CAG report, defend 2G licence in SC
New Delhi: The Telecom companies, which
allegedly benefitted in 2G spectrum allocation, on Tuesday
questioned the findings of the CAG report and contended in the
Supreme Court that the licences issued to them cannot be
cancelled on its basis.
The six companies -- Videocon, Uninor, Idea, Shyam
Telelink Ltd and Aircel -- filed their affidavits in response
to the apex court`s notices seeking their views on "why their
licence should not be cancelled for having benefited in 2G
spectrum allocation" when A Raja was Telecom Minister.
The apex court had on January 10 had issued notices to
11 telecom companies Etisalat, Uninor, Loop Telecom, Videocon,
S-Tel, Allianz Infra, Idea Cellular, Tata Tele Services,
Sistema Shyam Teleservices, Dishnet wireless and
Electronic company Videocon, in its 16-page affidavit,
submitted the petition seeking cancellation of its licence was
based on "incorrect" facts and it should be dismissed.
"CAG report contains flawed and misconceived findings
regarding its eligibility in getting 2G spectrum," Videocon
The company pleaded that the government has already
served a notice for cancellation of licence and it has filed
a detailed response to the Centre.
Uninor, which is JV between real estate major Unitech
and Norway`s telecom company Telenor, in its 29-page
affidavit, said the "CAG report was made without seeking any
clarification and explanation from it and so adverse inference
cannot be drawn against it on the basis of the report."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming