Telgi`s confessional statement recorded before local court
Bangalore: Abdul Karim Telgi, the prime
accused in the multi-crore fake stamp paper scam, on Saturday had
his confessional statement recorded before a local court here.
The statement was recorded in camera before the Chief
Judicial Magistrate here, in the presence of his advocates R M
D Chavan and M T Nanaiah.
The recording is in pursuance of the order passed by the
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court in
Pune on a request by the accused.
Telgi was sentenced to seven years Rigorous Imprisonment
by a Special Court on September 18 in connection with a case
registered in the city nine years ago.
The kingpin behind the fake stamp paper racket has been
convicted in 46 other such cases across the country, including
seven in Bangalore so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29