Telgi`s confessional statement recorded before local court
Bangalore: Abdul Karim Telgi, the prime
accused in the multi-crore fake stamp paper scam, on Saturday had
his confessional statement recorded before a local court here.
The statement was recorded in camera before the Chief
Judicial Magistrate here, in the presence of his advocates R M
D Chavan and M T Nanaiah.
The recording is in pursuance of the order passed by the
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court in
Pune on a request by the accused.
Telgi was sentenced to seven years Rigorous Imprisonment
by a Special Court on September 18 in connection with a case
registered in the city nine years ago.
The kingpin behind the fake stamp paper racket has been
convicted in 46 other such cases across the country, including
seven in Bangalore so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days