Tell people about `bold steps` taken in first 50 days, Modi to his MPs
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi had in his poll campaign promised a lot of bold steps that he will be taking if voted to power and made the PM of the country. Now, he has reportedly asked the BJP`s 280 Members of Parliament to explain to the people the “bold administrative steps” taken by his government in its first 50 days.
After Modi took office as the PM two months back, his government presented the first Union Budget which targetted growth. With first session of the 16th Lok Sabha about to end, the PM is holding meeting with his MPs in batches.
It is being reported that Modi has told MPs that his government is working towards taking the benefits of the bold policy decisions taken by his government to the last person and wants his MPs to explain this the people who elected them.
Also, for instance, the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has asked several ministries, including the highways ministry, to draw up a list of projects that would get started or commissioned, to mark 100 successful days in office for Narendra Modi.
Taking his vision of a developed India forward, Modi had come up with a 17-point people-oriented agenda which was sent to the concerned ministries asking them to submit detailed action plans, with sharp focus on delivery and implementation, at the most by July 20 so that agenda can be placed well when the NDA Government completes its first 100 days in office in August-end.
Modi reminded his MPs that the mandate given to them after BJP`s thumping victory in the Lok Sabha polls is a responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand