Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi joins government
New Delhi: Telugu superstar-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi, who merged his Praja Rajyam Party with the Congress last year, was Sunday made minister of state with independent charge in the Manmohan Singh government.
Chiranjeevi`s induction is expected to give a boost to the Congress prospects in the state where the party is facing a tough challenge from the Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSR Congress.
Chiranjeevi, who belongs to coastal Andhra Pradesh, had joined the Congress along with 18 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes can also cut cancer risk: Experts
- Odisha shocker: No ambulance, staff break bones of woman's dead body to carry it on a sling
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology