Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi joins government
New Delhi: Telugu superstar-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi, who merged his Praja Rajyam Party with the Congress last year, was Sunday made minister of state with independent charge in the Manmohan Singh government.
Chiranjeevi`s induction is expected to give a boost to the Congress prospects in the state where the party is facing a tough challenge from the Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSR Congress.
Chiranjeevi, who belongs to coastal Andhra Pradesh, had joined the Congress along with 18 MLAs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India