Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi joins government
New Delhi: Telugu superstar-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi, who merged his Praja Rajyam Party with the Congress last year, was Sunday made minister of state with independent charge in the Manmohan Singh government.
Chiranjeevi`s induction is expected to give a boost to the Congress prospects in the state where the party is facing a tough challenge from the Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSR Congress.
Chiranjeevi, who belongs to coastal Andhra Pradesh, had joined the Congress along with 18 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'