Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi joins government
New Delhi: Telugu superstar-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi, who merged his Praja Rajyam Party with the Congress last year, was Sunday made minister of state with independent charge in the Manmohan Singh government.
Chiranjeevi`s induction is expected to give a boost to the Congress prospects in the state where the party is facing a tough challenge from the Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSR Congress.
Chiranjeevi, who belongs to coastal Andhra Pradesh, had joined the Congress along with 18 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video