Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi joins government
New Delhi: Telugu superstar-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi, who merged his Praja Rajyam Party with the Congress last year, was Sunday made minister of state with independent charge in the Manmohan Singh government.
Chiranjeevi`s induction is expected to give a boost to the Congress prospects in the state where the party is facing a tough challenge from the Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSR Congress.
Chiranjeevi, who belongs to coastal Andhra Pradesh, had joined the Congress along with 18 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Jan Dhan accounts “very vulnerable” to frauds: RBI
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test