Temperature soars in North India
New Delhi: Barring Jammu and Kashmir, temperatures soared in most parts of North India on Tuesday giving respite to people from the fog and severe cold.
Residents of the national capital got up to a sunny morning today. Maximum temperature was recorded at 25.7 degree Celsius, a rise of three notches from the normal level.
Minimum temperature was 10.8 deg C, a rise of two deg C.
Overnight rains lashed Kashmir Valley. Higher reaches, including the tourist resorts of Gulmarg and Pahalgam, receiving fresh snowfall.
The plains of the Valley, including Srinagar received rainfall and the higher reaches like Gulmarg, Pahalgam and Kupwara received fresh snowfall, an official of Meteorological department said.
Srinagar recorded a minimum temperature of 1.7 deg C, a slight drop from the previous night`s 1.8 deg C. The city received 3.8 mm of rainfall during the last 24 hours.
Kargil was the coldest recorded place in the state.
Mercury continued to rise in Uttar Pradesh.
Lowest minimum temperature in the state was 7.4 deg C, recorded at Najibabad in Bijnor.
The minimum temperature also continued to rise across Punjab and Haryana to settle a few notches above normal today even as some places in the region received rainfall.
Chandigarh, which received light showers this morning, recorded a low of 11.6 deg C, five notches above normal, the MeT here said.
Amritsar registered a low of 7 deg C, up two notches, while Ludhiana`s minimum settled at 9 deg C, two above normal.
People of Rajasthan also breathed a sigh of relief as temperature rose appreciably.
Sole hill station Mount Abu remained the coldest place in the state with a minimum temperature of 7 deg C last night, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog