Temperatures on the up in North India
New Delhi: Mercury maintained its upward
trend in most parts of the northern region on Monday, including
Delhi, even as squalls left a couple dead and their four
children injured in Uttar Pradesh.
The national capital recorded a maximum temperature of
40.6 deg C, a degree above normal. The minimum settled at 26.3
deg C, two notches down from yesterday`s 28.8 degrees, the MeT
A couple was killed and their four children injured in
a duststorm in Sitapur district of Uttar Pradesh in the wee
hours today, officials said.
Day temperatures continued to rise across the state
despite rainfall. Etawah recorded the highest temperature with
a maximum of 44.8 deg C, the MeT Department said.
However, the mercury dipped in some places due to the
rains. Lucknow had a high of 36.8 deg C, Allahabad 38.9
degrees, both down two notches, while Varanasi settled at 37.2
deg C, four below normal.
In Rajasthan, temperatures soared in many parts with
Churu being the hottest place recording a high of 45 deg C
followed by Bikaner at 44.2 degrees, according to the local
Sriganganagar and Kota recorded respective maximums of
44.1 deg C, while maximum temperatures in Chittorgarh,
Jaisalmer, Barmer and Jaipur was recorded at 43.6, 43, 42.2
and 42.1 deg C respectively.
Rainfall was also registered at a few places in
Punjab and Haryana since last evening.
Chandigarh recorded a high of 34.6 deg C, four notches
below normal, Ambala 35.2 deg C, down five notches, while
Karnal`s maximum settled at 35.6 deg C, the MeT Dept said.
Hisar and Rohtak braved a hot day recording respective
maximum temperatures of 42.2 deg C and 40.8 deg C, a degree
above normal at both places.
Patiala had a high of 36.8 deg C while Ludhiana`s
maximum settled at 37.6 deg C. Amritsar was sultry at 42.2 deg
Meanwhile, light to moderate rains lashed most parts
of Uttarakhand today making the weather pleasant for residents
The state capital Dehradun recorded a high of 31 deg
C, five degrees below normal, the MeT office said.
Overall temperatures in Himachal Pradesh was recorded
at normal levels with Shimla settling at a high of 24.9 deg C,
up by one degree followed by Dharamsala at 31.4 degrees.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know