Temperatures on the up in North India
New Delhi: Mercury maintained its upward
trend in most parts of the northern region on Monday, including
Delhi, even as squalls left a couple dead and their four
children injured in Uttar Pradesh.
The national capital recorded a maximum temperature of
40.6 deg C, a degree above normal. The minimum settled at 26.3
deg C, two notches down from yesterday`s 28.8 degrees, the MeT
A couple was killed and their four children injured in
a duststorm in Sitapur district of Uttar Pradesh in the wee
hours today, officials said.
Day temperatures continued to rise across the state
despite rainfall. Etawah recorded the highest temperature with
a maximum of 44.8 deg C, the MeT Department said.
However, the mercury dipped in some places due to the
rains. Lucknow had a high of 36.8 deg C, Allahabad 38.9
degrees, both down two notches, while Varanasi settled at 37.2
deg C, four below normal.
In Rajasthan, temperatures soared in many parts with
Churu being the hottest place recording a high of 45 deg C
followed by Bikaner at 44.2 degrees, according to the local
Sriganganagar and Kota recorded respective maximums of
44.1 deg C, while maximum temperatures in Chittorgarh,
Jaisalmer, Barmer and Jaipur was recorded at 43.6, 43, 42.2
and 42.1 deg C respectively.
Rainfall was also registered at a few places in
Punjab and Haryana since last evening.
Chandigarh recorded a high of 34.6 deg C, four notches
below normal, Ambala 35.2 deg C, down five notches, while
Karnal`s maximum settled at 35.6 deg C, the MeT Dept said.
Hisar and Rohtak braved a hot day recording respective
maximum temperatures of 42.2 deg C and 40.8 deg C, a degree
above normal at both places.
Patiala had a high of 36.8 deg C while Ludhiana`s
maximum settled at 37.6 deg C. Amritsar was sultry at 42.2 deg
Meanwhile, light to moderate rains lashed most parts
of Uttarakhand today making the weather pleasant for residents
The state capital Dehradun recorded a high of 31 deg
C, five degrees below normal, the MeT office said.
Overall temperatures in Himachal Pradesh was recorded
at normal levels with Shimla settling at a high of 24.9 deg C,
up by one degree followed by Dharamsala at 31.4 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far