Ten Indians held in Sri Lanka for violating immigration rules
Colombo: At least ten Indian nationals have been arrested by Sri Lankan authorities for allegedly violating immigration regulations.
The immigration and emigration controller Chulananda
Perera confirmed to the PTI the arrest of the Indians but
refused to give further details as the investigations are
"Investigations are going on. I cannot say anything
until they are over" he said.
The ten Indians were residing in Matale, central hill
country and selling sarees which are believed to be imported
illegally. Suspects were taken in to custody on the charge of
violating immigration regulations officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees