Ten Indians held in Sri Lanka for violating immigration rules
Colombo: At least ten Indian nationals have been arrested by Sri Lankan authorities for allegedly violating immigration regulations.
The immigration and emigration controller Chulananda
Perera confirmed to the PTI the arrest of the Indians but
refused to give further details as the investigations are
"Investigations are going on. I cannot say anything
until they are over" he said.
The ten Indians were residing in Matale, central hill
country and selling sarees which are believed to be imported
illegally. Suspects were taken in to custody on the charge of
violating immigration regulations officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok