Ten posts of PSU heads lying vacant: Govt
New Delhi: Government Wednesday said that 10
posts of chief managing directors were lying vacant in various Public Sector Units (PSUs).
According to the latest data given by Minister of State
for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions V Narayanasamy
in Lok Sabha, out of the 10 vacant positions, four were at the
level of secretaries in Government of India.
"The reasons for pendency in giving appointment in the
PSUs, inter alia are: scrapping of Public Enterprises
Selection Board (PESB) panel due to various reasons such as
denial of vigilance clearance, non-acceptance of offer of
appointments; non-availability of suitable candidates," Narayanasamy said.
"The Government has taken steps to fill up the vacancies
in time," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional