Ten posts of PSU heads lying vacant: Govt
New Delhi: Government Wednesday said that 10
posts of chief managing directors were lying vacant in various Public Sector Units (PSUs).
According to the latest data given by Minister of State
for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions V Narayanasamy
in Lok Sabha, out of the 10 vacant positions, four were at the
level of secretaries in Government of India.
"The reasons for pendency in giving appointment in the
PSUs, inter alia are: scrapping of Public Enterprises
Selection Board (PESB) panel due to various reasons such as
denial of vigilance clearance, non-acceptance of offer of
appointments; non-availability of suitable candidates," Narayanasamy said.
"The Government has taken steps to fill up the vacancies
in time," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days