Tension in Jalandhar after attack on migrants
Jalandhar: There was tension in this Punjab town Monday after unidentified men on a motorcycle attacked and injured two migrant workers the night before.
Scores of migrants gathered around the Focal point industrial area, where a number of industrial units are located, to protest against the attacks.
Focal point police station officials said the injured migrants were undergoing treatment at the civil hospital following the attack.
"We are investigating the matter. The youth who attacked the migrants are yet to be identified," a police official said here.
Migrant labour from states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh work in industries located at the Focal point area. They live in localities near the Focal point.
Police and district administration officials rushed to the spot and were trying to pacify the agitated migrants.
A similar attack against migrants December last year in the industrial hub of Ludhiana, 60 km from here, had led to large-scale violence for two days during which nearly 30 vehicles were set on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional