Tension in Jalandhar after attack on migrants
Jalandhar: There was tension in this Punjab town Monday after unidentified men on a motorcycle attacked and injured two migrant workers the night before.
Scores of migrants gathered around the Focal point industrial area, where a number of industrial units are located, to protest against the attacks.
Focal point police station officials said the injured migrants were undergoing treatment at the civil hospital following the attack.
"We are investigating the matter. The youth who attacked the migrants are yet to be identified," a police official said here.
Migrant labour from states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh work in industries located at the Focal point area. They live in localities near the Focal point.
Police and district administration officials rushed to the spot and were trying to pacify the agitated migrants.
A similar attack against migrants December last year in the industrial hub of Ludhiana, 60 km from here, had led to large-scale violence for two days during which nearly 30 vehicles were set on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’