Tension in Jalandhar after attack on migrants
Jalandhar: There was tension in this Punjab town Monday after unidentified men on a motorcycle attacked and injured two migrant workers the night before.
Scores of migrants gathered around the Focal point industrial area, where a number of industrial units are located, to protest against the attacks.
Focal point police station officials said the injured migrants were undergoing treatment at the civil hospital following the attack.
"We are investigating the matter. The youth who attacked the migrants are yet to be identified," a police official said here.
Migrant labour from states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh work in industries located at the Focal point area. They live in localities near the Focal point.
Police and district administration officials rushed to the spot and were trying to pacify the agitated migrants.
A similar attack against migrants December last year in the industrial hub of Ludhiana, 60 km from here, had led to large-scale violence for two days during which nearly 30 vehicles were set on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official