Tension in Jalandhar after attack on migrants
Jalandhar: There was tension in this Punjab town Monday after unidentified men on a motorcycle attacked and injured two migrant workers the night before.
Scores of migrants gathered around the Focal point industrial area, where a number of industrial units are located, to protest against the attacks.
Focal point police station officials said the injured migrants were undergoing treatment at the civil hospital following the attack.
"We are investigating the matter. The youth who attacked the migrants are yet to be identified," a police official said here.
Migrant labour from states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh work in industries located at the Focal point area. They live in localities near the Focal point.
Police and district administration officials rushed to the spot and were trying to pacify the agitated migrants.
A similar attack against migrants December last year in the industrial hub of Ludhiana, 60 km from here, had led to large-scale violence for two days during which nearly 30 vehicles were set on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head