Terror, 26/11 trial in Pak India`s core concerns
New Delhi: Setting the tone for the Foreign Minister-level Indo-Pak talks in Islamabad, India on Wednesday made it clear that terrorism and early conclusion of Mumbai terror attack trial in Pakistan remains "core concern" for it.
"All issues are going to be discussed...Terrorism is certainly a core concern to us. Mumbai (26/11 trial) is a core concern to us," highly-placed sources said when asked about the agenda of the meeting between External Affairs Minister S M Krishna and his Pakistani counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar on Saturday in Islamabad.
However, they were not very forthcoming on whether Krishna will carry any evidence of the Home Ministry`s assertion that most of the recent hate masseges spread through web and SMSes besides any other proof on the revelations made by LeT terrorist Abu Jundal on Pakistan`s involvement in 26/11 attacks.
The issue of Jundal has already been raised by Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai during talks with his counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani here in July, they said.
The parleys, which is a review meeting for the second round of talks which included discussion on contentious issues such as Jammu and Kashmir, Sir Creek and Siachen, will also be preceded by Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) meeting which is taking place after a gap of nearly seven years.
The JCM is headed by the Ministers of the two countries and consists of eight technical groups, mostly relating to trade and economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America